HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL!

This forum is for discussing anything else... Family events, recent news, pretty much anything. In the event that we have an overwhelming need to branch this out further, we can. For now though we'll just leave it as "general".
Mom&DadMulhern

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL!

Post by Mom&DadMulhern »

Happy Birthday, Michael, one day late. Glad you got your card on time, at least. This is the first birthday that you are a father. You must feel very different as well as very proud. I remember your birth day well, and it wasn't very pleasant for me until I saw you, and then all the discomfort of birth disappeared. You are a wonderful son, and Dad and I are extremely proud of you. Enjoy every day of being a dad.

Bunches of love,
Mom & Dad

Aunt Linda

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL!

Post by Aunt Linda »

Happy Birthday, Michael. I hope you got my card by now. I wanted to tell you a funny story about that card. I set out for my daily errands on Monday and remembered that I needed to mail your card. I layed the card on top of my car while I went to check my mail. Came back, got in the car and took off for the post office. After I got to the post office I realized that I did not have the card. I headed home, very frustrated. As I headed into the cul de sac, there on the road in front of a neighbor's house was your birthday card. Obviously I left it on top of the car, when I left the drive way. I was pretty amazed that I found it. I was dreading explaining all this to you, I was sure you would think I was making it all up to explain why you didn't get a card from me. So, there you go, guess that is what you have to look forward to as you age. Hope you enjoyed your day.
Love,
Aunt Linda

mightymulhern

Post by mightymulhern »

Doh! So far I've never driven off with anything still sitting on top of the car. ...so far. :?

And yep, I got it. ..and thank you for the gift card! :D

mightymulhern

Post by mightymulhern »

Thanks Mom!

Not sure I feel "Different"... just older. ;)