Incident Report

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Incident Report

Post by mightymulhern »

So on last Friday, Sydney was written up in an official incident report at Early Days. :shock:

Apparently while Sydney was sleeping (or playing) in her crib, she stuck her left foot out through the bars, got it stuck, twisted it, and started crying. They freed her, washed her foot/ankle, and iced it.

The "Incident Report" is an official write up on a form signed by both the observing teacher and the director which lists the "nature of the injury", "how the incident occurred", the "location of the incident", "treatment provided", and "when the parent was informed". Looking at it, you would expect to see a serious injury like a broken arm or black eye listed. By contrast, Sydney came home without a mark on her. While I'm glad that they take injuries seriously, I have to admit to finding it a little funny. I can only hope that the teacher didn't feel any kind of dread or catch any grief over this one.

Perhaps one reason why I find it kind of funny is that this is apparently the first time it happened at school. During the time when Sydney was maybe 6-9 months old (maybe earlier) Sydney got a leg stuck in the bars of her crib on multiple occasions. I rescued her several times. Meghan went in one night when Sydney was whining to find her on her tummy with one leg out up to the thigh (and stuck). Sydney look up over her shoulder at Meghan with the expression of "a little help please". This was common enough that we even re-installed the bumper and tucked it in between the bars and the mattress to prevent it from happening.

Oh well. Somehow I doubt this will be the last incident report. I just hope no one gets too stressed out about the little ones like this.