Pickup on Thursday

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Pickup on Thursday

Post by mightymulhern »

I picked Sydney up from Early Days yesterday and thought I'd share what I found when I got there.

Sydney and 3 or 4 other kids her size were sitting around a short little table in little kid sized chairs coloring. Two teachers were seated at the table with them observing. Each kid had one crayon and sheet of paper. Each was very intently drawing random back and forth zig zags. Not a word, squeal, whine, or any other sound was emitted by any of them. When I came in, Sydney acknowledged me but just continued coloring. I actually knelt down next to her chair and watched for several minutes as she drew zig zags. Then at some point she decided it was time to go and reached for me.

I find it amazing that they can get kids this small to sit down and concentrate on an activity for any length of time.