Building with "Gears"

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Building with "Gears"

Post by mightymulhern »

Apparently when Meghan picked up Sydney the other day, all of the kids were spread out on the play mat. Each was contently playing with a small pile of these gear-like toys that you could stick together and build things out of.

When Meghan came in, Sydney looked up, saw her, and went running over with a bunch of gears. Meghan said, "Oh did you make that?". Sydney's teacher then pointed out this massive ring of gears in the middle of the play area. Apparently what Sydney was holding was but a small portion of what she had been working on. Based on Meghan's description, it sounded like Sydney had about 90% of the gears and was taking up most of the play mat.

We're not real sure what to make of that one. How did Sydney end up with all the gears? Why didn't the other kids mind? One thing is for sure. Sydney likes to build things. Time to invest in some tinker toys perhaps.