Daily Letter 10/10/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 10/10/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

What in the World Happened Today - October 10th, 2011

Preschool with Miss Markeisha

Highlights

Language Works:
Today we started our day by welcoming our new friend Sydney to our pre school class. We all took turns introducing ourselves to her. Next, we identified letter “d” and created a wordlist of words that begins with letter “d”. Then, we read our letter “d” book. We reviewed all the objects in the back of the book and took turns pointing to letter “d” in each objects name.

Today for literacy we are continuing to work with our writing without tears letter cards and wooden pieces. We reviewed letter cards “A-D” and the objects on the back of each card. We also used the wooden pieces to form letters “A-D” by ourselves. Next, we worked on a file folder game matching uppercase alphabets.

Science Rocks:
Today for science we worked on a leaf activity. First, we read Leaf Trouble by Johnathan Emmett. This is the story of Pip the squirrel who found out why leaves fall off the trees and change colors. We went on a walk outside to discover if the leaves had fallen off the trees and changed colors. Then, we gathered up green leaves and leaves that were red, yellow, orange, or a mixture of all three colors to bring back inside with us. We were to glue the green leaf and a different colored leaf onto our paper and talk about how the leaves changed colors. We also put some of the leaves in our science area so that the children could explore the leaves up close with magnifying glasses and the colored paddles to make them change colors.

Art Smart:
Today for art we decorated a giant letter “d” that Miss. Markeisha gave to everyone. First, we practiced our fine motor skills by squeezing glue onto our letters. Miss. Markeisha helped us make pretty designs with the glue. Then, we used glitter to cover the glue and make our letter “d's” sparkle.

Math Counts:
Today for math we sorted our leaves by size big and small. Then, we created patterns with them also by size big and small. Finally, we worked on a file folder game fancy feet were we had to find the match to the shoe to create a pair.