Daily Letter 10/13/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 10/13/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today we started our day off by talking about our visit to the pumpkin farm. We all took turns saying what our favorite part of the field trip was and we talked about all the animals that we saw. Next, we greeted everyone by singing look who came to school today. This is a fun song the children love to sing and it also helps them to remember all their friend's names. Then, we read Shiver Me Letters, a pirate ABC book by June Sobel. In this book the pirates were all busy trying to catch all the letters of the alphabets. We followed along and identified all the letters as the pirates captured them all.

Today for literacy we are continuing to work with our writing without tears letter cards and wooden pieces. We reviewed letter cards “A-D” and the objects on the back of each card. We also used the wooden pieces to form letters “A-D” by ourselves. We also practiced identifying all the letters in our name using letter stampers to spell out our names.

Math Counts/ Sensory Exploration:
Today for math we worked on filling and emptying measuring cups in the sensory table. We filled up the sensory table with sand and added different sizes measuring cups and plastic cups. The children took turns exploring the texture of the sand and predicting how many scoops would fill up each plastic cup. They also just wanted to scoop and empty the measuring cups as they counted.

Art Smart:
Today for art we decided to use the dot art markers for letter “D”. The children took turns creating dot art pictures using a variety of colors. We also practiced drawing letter “d” with the dot art markers.

Reminder:
Tomorrow is show-n-tell. Please bring in a toy from home to talk about and share with the class.