Daily Letter 10/14/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 10/14/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:

Happy Friday!!! Today was a day full of fun and excitement. Our pre-school and pre-k class decided to join classes today in the pre-school room for show-n-tell. First, we started our day off by talking about the routine fire drills that we have. We talked about fire safety, what number to call in case of a fire, and what to do if our clothes catch on fire. Then, Miss. Bethany read us a book I am fire by Jean Marzollo. In this book we learned all about fire prevention, what to do if we find matches, and how fire is used for many different purposes. We listened quietly as the fireman sounded the alarm and we had to all gather outside. We even saw the big fire truck. Next, we all gathered together in the pit to show off our show-n-tell items. Each child was given the opportunity to tell why they selected the toy they brought in, and share fun facts and stories about their toys. At the end of each child's story we all said “Thank-you” or gave them a firer work clap. When everyone was done sharing we all exchanged toys and explored all the other toys keeping in mind to be respectful of others property.

We also went to the pre-k class room to see a puppet show put on by Mrs. Betty and Miss. Robyn. They acted out the story of Goldilocks and the three bears as well as the three little pigs. It was exciting to see the puppet show with all the props. We had a wonderful day.

Have a Great Weekend!