Daily Letter 10/17/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 10/17/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today we discussed our weekends at circle time. Everyone shared stories about all the fun things they did like going to the pumpkin farm, playing with neighbors/cousins, and going to the grocery store. Miss. Markeisha then introduced the letter of the week, which is letter “e”. She showed us a picture of letter “e” and we identified big “E” and small “e”. Next, we read our letter “E” book by Jane Moncure and reviewed all the letter “e” words and objects in the back of the book. We also read sixteen runaway pumpkins by Dianne Ochildtree. This is a fun counting book of pumpkins.

Today for literacy we practiced forming letters “A-E” all by ourselves. We reviewed the objects on the back of the letter cards and told Miss. Markeisha what each object was. Since we are experts at forming letters “A-E” with the wooden pieces Miss. Markeisha helped us try forming the letters on the stamp and see pad. Some letters were easy to form while others proved a bit challenging. Miss. Markeisha says” practice makes perfect and in no time at all we will all be experts as we are with the wooden pieces.”

Math Counts/ Art Smart:
Today we did a pumpkin activity, sequencing. The children were given four pictures of pumpkins. Each picture showed the pumpkin in different stages from being a pumpkin not painted to a pumpkin that was fully painted. The children were to color each picture using crayons , then put them in order 1-4. After that we counted each picture 1-4. We also worked on matching colors. We used big and small colored squares to match colors. Then we counted each set.

Movement Matters:
Today for movement we enjoyed running through the leaves, picking them up and building a big leaf pile, and having a leaf fight. Next, we explored the climber and the slide. We practiced going up and down the stair using the rail and without. We also tried doing exercises such as jumping jacks and cart wheels. We aren't very skilled with these exercises yet but we had a blast trying to do them.