Daily Letter 10/20/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 10/20/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today for language we continued to read our letter “e” book. We again reviewed the objects in the back of the book. Next, we read The pumpkin book by Gail Gibbons. This book is filled with fun facts about pumpkins. Did you know that pumpkins are members of the squash family, pumpkins comes in different shapes, sizes, and colors, and a pumpkin seed wont sprout until the dirt is warm and water has soaked the seed to soften its coat?

Today for literacy we practiced forming letters “A-E” all by ourselves. We reviewed the objects on the back of the letter cards and worked on our letter recognition skills as we found letters “A-E” on the back of the letter cards. We also practiced our small motor skills by coloring letter “e”. Miss. Markeisha gave everyone a piece of paper that had letter ”e” on it. We were to use crayons to color our letter. Recently, Miss. Markeisha have noticed that we don't scribble when coloring we draw lines, which isn't coloring, so this was the perfect activity for us to practice our coloring technique.

Art Smart:
Today for art we used fall colors to decorate leaves. Miss. Markeisha gave everyone an actual leaf from outside. We were to use fall colors, red, yellow, brown, and orange to decorate our leaves. This activity allowed us to tap into our creative side. It also allowed us to work on hand-eye coordination skills, fine motor skills, and color recognition skills.

Math Counts:
Today for math we worked on our everyday math skill. The skill that we focused on today was copying patterns. First, Miss. Markeisha put out three pattern cards. The pattern cards were in different patterns. We began by saying the pattern of colors with Miss. Markeisha. Then, we identified the size of the bears on the pattern cards. Finally, we were ready to copy the pattern using bears. We were to use the correct size and color of bears to copy the pattern. We also worked on extending the pattern. This was a bit challenging but for now we are doing great copying patterns and we will continue to work on finishing the pattern. This activity allowed us to use fine motor skills, color recognition skills, math skills like counting, size, and hand-eye coordination skills.

Our World:
Today in the pre-school classroom we explored many different learning centers. We explored sand in the sensory table, dress-up in our home living center, cars and trucks in the transportation area and dinosaurs in the science area. We were able to select centers all by ourselves by using our child choice board and rotate centers as many times as we liked. We have gotten very good at selecting interest area's to explore and staying in that center until its time to rotate. Great job pre-school!!!