Daily Letter 10/24/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 10/24/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today for language we talked about all the fun and exciting things we did over the weekend and what we will dress up as for Halloween. We also welcomed a “new friend” to our class Rian. We all took turns introducing ourselves to him and we showed him some of our favorite activities to do in the room.

Today for literacy Miss. Markeisha introduced letter “F” to us by reviewing our hand writing without tears letter card. We identified big “F” and small “f”. Then, we identified the objects on the back that begins with letter “F” and matched the pictures that were alike. We also used the stamp and see pad to form letters “A-F”. Everyone is getting better at forming letters.

Art Smart:
Today for art we created jack-o-laterns. First, Miss. Markeisha gave everyone a pumpkin. We were to color the pumpkin orange. Next, we were to glue onto our pumpkins two eyes, a nose, and a mouth to complete our jack-o- laterns. This activity helped us to work on our fine motor skills, hand eye coordination skills, and color recognition.

Movement Matters:
We were all super excited to get outside today. We started our outside exploration off by doing some exercising. First, we stretched a bit. Then, we practiced rolling our arms forwards/ backwards, and running laps around the climber. Next, we tried jogging in place and jumping jacks. Finally, we were ready for a cool down. We played follow Miss. Markeisha. We followed her on a walk around the playground. Lastly, we explored the climber going up and down the stairs and the slide.

Math Counts:
Today for math we used the writing without tears wooden pieces to help us form simple shapes like circles, squares, triangles, and rectangles. This was a small group activity done with Miss. Markeisha and two friends at a time. Miss. Markeisha demonstrated how to use the wooden pieces to form shapes and then we were given the opportunity to try. Forming circles seemed to be the easiest but we know that with practice we will get it and this is an activity that we plan to work on all week to help us with not only our fine motor skills but it helps us to recognize the name of shapes and eventually we will be able to draw the shapes without help.