Daily Letter 10/27/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 10/27/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today we continued to review our writing without tears letter cards “A-F”. We identified the lowercase and uppercase letters and we identified the objects on the back of the cards that that begins with the letter “F”. We also reviewed our classroom rules. It's good to be reminded of the rules so that we don't forget them. We all took turns giving examples of each rule so that Miss. Markeisha knew we really understood what each rule meant.

Today for literacy we worked on matching uppercase letters. We used different letter cards. Each card has five uppercase letters on them. We were to find the match and place it on top of the letter. Next, we identified all the letters on the cards to Miss. Markeisha by saying them out loud. We also used the wooden pieces to form letters as well as the look and see pad to form letters. While doing this activity we worked on our letter recognition skills and fine motor skills.

Math Counts:
Today for math we worked on putting numbers in order 1-5. We used the lacing blocks to help us put the numbers in order. This activity was harder because we haven't worked on recognizing numbers yet, so we had to count all the objects on the blocks to see how many there were. It was easy for us to identify blocks 1-3 because there wasn't alot of objects on the blocks. It took us a while to finish this activity because there was a lot of counting, but we were able to put the blocks in order and use string to lace them together making a necklace of numbers. This activity helped us to work on our counting skills, fine motor skills, and beginning to recognize numbers. We also worked on a math file folder game matching pairs.

Science Rocks:
Today for science we worked on some of our favorite puzzles. Next, we explored sand in the sensory table. We used a variety of measuring spoons to scoop up the sand. We also used our hands to feel the texture of the sand and we worked on building in the sand with our hands. Finally, we used magnifying glasses to get a closer look at leaves and dinosaurs. We discovered that we can use magnifying glasses to get a closer look at many things and we went around the room looking for things to get a closer look at. We examined the carpet, books, and legos with our magnifying glasses.