Daily Letter 10/26/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 10/26/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today we reviewed all the letters we have worked on thus far, letters “A-F”. We continued to form letters “A-F” using the wooden pieces and we started to use the stamp and see pad everyday to form letters. These activities are great ready for school activities that will help us when we began using a pencil to write. We also worked on matching uppercase letters by doing an activity called matching bugs. Each child was given a card of uppercase letter bugs. They were to match the letters on the card to the uppercase bugs. We did an amazing job at identifying all the letters and matching them correctly.

Math Counts:
Today for math we continued to work on our math skills. We worked on copying patterns again, which we are now experts on. We worked on copying patterns that were with three colors. We used our bears pattern cards and colored bears to copy patterns.

Art Smart/ Math Counts:
Today for art we worked on our fine motor skills by putting together spiders. Miss. Markeisha first demonstrated to us how to put the spiders together. Then, she gave everyone a body, two eyes, and a glue stick. We counted out eight legs and began putting our spiders together.

Kindermusik Class:
Today we enjoyed music class. We liked listening to the different songs and following along with Miss. Cathy's dance moves. Then, we used the sand blocks to pretend we were dicing and chopping to the music. Next, we reviewed quarter notes and eighths notes. Finally we danced to some jazz music, listened to a story noodles from scratch, and danced to the good bye song.