Daily Letter 10/28/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 10/28/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Happy Friday. Today we all gathered together in the pit to share our show-n-tell objects. Each Friday we are allowed to bring in an item from home to show the class and share a story about that item. We ask open ended questions so that we are able to have a conversation about the objects. We ask questions like, “ Where did you get your toy from and How does your toy work”? We enjoyed seeing Vedant's fire truck, Sydney's book, Martin's airplane, Kai's monster truck, Sophia's polly pocket dolls, Cristian's cot cover, Rian's Elmo and Orion's mater truck. We also had a very important discussion about why we bring show-n-tell items to school. I've noticed that lately no one wants to share. The reason we bring special items from home is so that we are able to share. Show-n-tell teaches us how to not only share, but how to be respectful of others things and how to take care of them. We need to always remember, if we brought it to show we brought it to share.

Reminders:

- Monday is our class Halloween Party. Costumes and store bought treats are welcomed.

- Tuesday is picture Day!