Daily Letter 11/2/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/2/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today we reviewed shapes and colors at circle time. We are all now able to distinguish between pentagon and hexagon and readily identify them when we see the shape. Next, we reviewed our letter “F” letter card and identified all the letter “F's” on the back of the card. Finally, we read a few of our favorite stories selected by our classmates. Miss. Markeisha read to us Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Amazing Spider-man, and Llama Llama red pajama by Anna Dewdney.

Movement Matters:
Today was once again a nice day, so we took advantage of the weather and went outside. While outside we decided to play a game of Red Light, Green Light. Miss. Markeisha reviewed how to play the game and the rules of the game with us. Then, we were ready to play. Miss. Markeisha was the instructor and we all listened as she called out, “Red Light, Green Light, Yellow Light. The first person to reach Miss. Markeisha was the next one to be the instructor. We had a lot of fun running trying to be the first to reach Miss. Markeisha. While outside we also explored the climber/slide, played our own child initiated version of duck, duck, goose, and ran laps around the climber.

Kindermusik class:
Today was our kindermusik class. We really like it when Miss. Cathy brings in new instruments for us to see. Today we played the cassinet. We played it to a slow and fast beat. Then, Miss. Cathy let us use the sand blocks or sticks to play to slow and fast beats. Next, we listened to some jazz music where they were doing a form of singing called “scat”. We thought this was cool because the words aren't real words and they sound funny. Finally, before we ended our music session we read our story Noodles from Scratch. We read along with Miss. Cathy and filled in the blanks to some of the story lines.

Have a Wonderful Evening