Daily Letter 11/7/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/7/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today for language Miss. Markeisha introduced letter “G” to us. We began by looking at our writing without tears letter “G” card. We identified uppercase and lowercase letter “Gg”. Then, we read our letter “G” book by Jane Belk Moncure. We reviewed all the objects in the back of the book that begins with letter “G” as well as identified letter “G” throughout the book. Next, we talked about our topic of the week which is farm animals. We first named as many animals as we could that lived on the farm. Then, we reviewed our farm animal cards and learned fun facts about ducks, goats, dogs, and horses.

Today for literacy we used the writing without tears wooden pieces to form letters “A-G” all by ourselves. Then, we practiced writing letters “A, B, and C” on the stamp and see pad by ourselves. We also did a matching uppercase letters activity. Miss. Markeisha created an alphabet matching letters paper and we were to find each match. This activity helped us to work on our coloring technique. We are learning to scribble and make more deliberate strokes as we color. This will also help once we start using a pencil to help develop grip and strength as we learn to use a pencil.

Math Counts:
Today for math we sorted farm animals and counted how many animals were in each group. Next, we found matching pairs for each animal and counted how many pairs we had. Then, we tried creating patterns using two different farm animals. These math skills are all early math skills that the children are acquiring.

Science Rocks:
Today for science we explored farm animals using magnifying glasses. We put a variety of animals out in our science area and observed how they look. We talked about the sounds they make as well as what they eat. We also put farm animals in our sensory table with water. We identified the name of the animals as we washed them. As the children are doing this activity they are learning cooperation skills, recognizing animals, and hand eye coordination skills

Have a Wonderful Evening

Miss. Markeisha