Daily Letter 11/8/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/8/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today for language we reviewed our letter “G” book by Jane Belk Moncure. We reviewed all the objects in the back of the book that begins with letter “G” as well as identified letter “G” throughout the book. Next, we talked about our topic of the week which is farm animals. We reviewed what they like eat and where they live.

Today for literacy we used the writing without tears wooden pieces to form letters “A-G” all by ourselves. Then, we did an alphabet matching activity called Alphabet bugs where the children were to match the uppercase letters.

Math Counts:
Today for math we continued to work on copying patterns. We used the colored bears and pattern cards to do this activity. We also worked on counting spots on cows. Miss. Jessica was nice enough to draw us a large cow. Miss. Markeisha cut out a variety of cow spots and the children all took turns putting the spots on Clarabelle cow. They were to use all or as little spots as they liked and together, Miss. Markeisha and the child counted all the spots. In doing this activity the children worked on counting skills and one to one correspondence.

Science Rocks:
Today for science we explored farm animals using magnifying glasses. We put a variety of animals out in our science area and observed how they look. We talked about the sounds they make as well as what they eat. We also put farm animals in our sensory table with water. We identified the name of the animals as we washed them. As the children are doing this activity they are learning cooperation skills, recognizing animals, and hand eye coordination skills.

Art Smart:
Today for art we discussed how some cows are white with black spots. Miss. Markeisha cut out black spots that the children were to glue all over the paper to create cow spot collages. The children were encouraged to create designs to reveal unique and original cow designs.

Have a Wonderful Evening
Miss Markeisha