Daily Letter 11/9/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/9/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today for language we reviewed letter “g” by looking at our letter “G” book by Jane Belk Moncure and our hand writing without tears letter card. We reviewed all the objects in the back of the book that begins with letter “G” as well as identified letter “G” throughout the book and the letter card. Next, we read On the Farm, a first discovery look and learn book about farm animals by Elizabeth Mills. We talked about where the animals live on the farm and what they eat. We also learned some facts about various farm animals like cows roam outdoors and when it gets cold they live in a barn, pigs live in a pen where they eat, drink, sleep, and play in the mud, and in the spring and summer sheep's roam outdoors as well in the pastures. When their wool is trimmed it keeps them cool.

Today we identified the names of all the farm animals and practiced our fine motor skills by doing lacing cards of farm animals.

Math Counts:
Today for math we continued to put spots on Clarabelle the cow and counted all the spots. This activity took off better than expected. Some friends spend longer times counting the spots over and over and arranging the spots in various orders. This activity not only is fun, but, the children are actively engaged in counting skills.

Science Rocks:
Today for science we explored farm animals using magnifying glasses. We put a variety of animals out in our science area and observed how they look. We also put farm animals in our sensory table with water. We identified the name of the animals as we washed them. As the children are doing this activity they are learning cooperation skills, recognizing animals, and hand eye coordination skills.

Art Smart:
Today for art we did a coloring and gluing activity of farm animals. Everyone was given three farm animals to color, a chicken, a duck, and a horse. They were to correctly identify all the animals and what color they were. Then, they were to color the animals. Next, they were to glue the animals next to the house where they lived on the farm. The horse was glued next to a barn. The duck was glued next to the pond and the chicken was glued next to a nest. Finally they colored the animal house. In doing this activity we worked on our fine motor skills, color and animal recognition, and how to properly grip/hold a crayon.

Have a Wonderful Evening

Miss. Markeisha