Daily Letter 11/10/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/10/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today for language we reviewed letter “g” by looking at our letter “G” book by Jane Belk Moncure and our hand writing without tears letter card. We reviewed all the objects in the back of the book that begins with letter “G” as well as identified letter “G” throughout the book and the letter card. Then, we continued to form letters using the wooden pieces. We are all experts at using the wooden pieces and we are able to identify all the pieces by their names. Next, we talked about the many tools and machines that are needed to keep the farm running. We learned that the tractors help farmers work in the fields, the plow is hitched to the tractor to dig up the soil and get it ready for planting, the rake is used to clean the farm yard, and the pitchfork is used to gather hay.

We also reviewed our weekly reader. This week's topic was about the five senses. We reviewed our senses and went over what we use them for. We are all able to identify all five senses and give examples of each.

Math Counts:
Today for math we continued to put spots on Clarabelle the cow and counted all the spots. The children are really interested in this activity. Today I observed some of them using only the smaller spots or the larger spots. They were also lining the spots up in rows and counting each row. Next, we worked on our cooperation and teamwork skills by doing a color and shape matching game called colorama. In doing this activity the children were to pick a friend and they were to match all the shapes and colors working together to complete the game. Finally, we worked on making patterns using dogs and pigs. Miss. Markeisha put out a file folder pattern board that was labeled with alphabets “a or b”. They were top create the patterns putting all the dogs on letter “a” and all the pigs on letter “b” or mix and match the patterns any way they liked.

Science Rocks:
Today for science we explored farm animals using magnifying glasses. We put a variety of animals out in our science area and observed how they look. We also put farm animals in our sensory table with water. We identified the name of the animals as we washed them. As the children are doing this activity they are learning cooperation skills, recognizing animals, and hand eye coordination skills.

Have a Wonderful Evening

Miss. Markeisha