Daily Letter 11/14/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/14/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today for language we reviewed our new letter of the week, which is letter “I”. We reviewed our writing without tears letter card and read our letter “I” book by Jane Belk Moncure. Then, we reviewed all the “I” objects in the back of the book and identified letter “I” throughout the book and the letter card. Next, we talked about our theme for the week which is fruits and vegetables. We identified fruits and vegetables using our food from our home living area and we talked about our favorite fruits and vegetables.

Today for literacy we used the writing without tears wooden pieces and letter cards to form letters “A-I”.

Art Smart /Literacy:
Today we created inch worms for letter “I”. Miss. Markeisha cut out circles and wrote out each alphabet of our names. We were to put the alphabets in order spelling out our names to create the inch worms. In doing this activity we worked on small motor skills like gluing and hand eye coordination skills. We also worked on letter recognition as we thought about which alphabet came next.

Science Rocks/ Math Counts:
Today for science we explored fruits and vegetables in our science center. We put a variety of fruits and vegetables out for the kids to examine using the colored paddles. Next, we talked about what fruits and vegetables need to grow. Then, we sorted through all the fruits and vegetables and counted the two sets.

Have a Wonderful Evening

Miss. Markeisha