Daily Letter 11/15/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/15/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today for language we reviewed letter “I” by looking at the letter “I” card and identifying uppercase and lowercase “I” all over the card. We then reviewed our letter “I” book by Jane Belk Moncure. We identified all the letter “I” objects in the back of the book and identified letter “I” throughout the book. Next, we continued to talk about our weekly theme, fruits and vegetables. We talked about how farmers grow fruits and vegetables and take care of them until the food is ready to be gathered and sold at the market. We also played a memory game. Miss. Markeisha described a fruit or vegetable to us and we tried predicting which fruit or vegetable she was describing. We were able to guess a lot of fruits and vegetables, then we talked about which fruits and vegetables were our favorite or least favorite to eat. Finally, we read Rah, Rah, Radishes, a vegetable chant by April Pulley Sayre.

Today for literacy we used the writing without tears wooden pieces and letter cards to form letters “A-I”. We also used the stamp and see pad to practice writing letters “A-I”. Some friends wanted to practice other letters, and that was fine too. Surprisingly enough letters “O, T, and F” were their favorites to write.

Art Smart/ Math Counts:
Today for art we practiced gripping, holding a crayon properly and coloring inside the lines as we colored letter “I”. Then, we did a counting activity with tomatoes. Miss. Markeisha gave everyone four tomatoes plants. Under each plant was a number. The children were to identify the number with Miss. Markeisha's help and put that amount of tomatoes on their plant. Miss. Markeisha said the number and the children repeated after her. Then, they used the red dot art marker to make tomatoes on the plants. As they made the red dots to signify tomatoes they counted out loud with each dot. We also did a color matching activity. Miss. Markeisha put out five colored mats on the tables. The children were to use the colored blocks to match the blocks to the mats. Then, they counted out loud how many blocks were in each set.

Science Rocks:
Today for science we explore fruits and vegetables in our science center using magnifying glasses to get a closer look at them. We also put fruits and vegetables in our sensory table along with water and soap to wash them. We used different size scoopers to help enhance our exploration. We identified the names of the fruits and vegetables as we looked at them before we washed them.

Have a Wonderful Evening