Daily Letter 11/18/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/18/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works/Reading

For language, we read a book about Thanksgiving. We learned a few new words like the name of the Native Americans who helped the pilgrims, the Wampanoag. They helped each other and lived in peace. In the fall, they celebrated their fall harvest with a feast where they gave thanks for the food they grow. They also eat deer and wild birds along with corn, and pumpkin. Today, we share the day with family and friends and eat turkey, potatoes, cranberries, and pie.

Math Counts/Art Smart

For Thanksgiving next week, we made Indian corn and handprint turkeys. For the Indian corn, we used our gluing skills to add colorful pieces of tissue paper to the corns. Next, we made the turkeys. Miss. Markeisha cut out yellow and orange hand prints. We took turns gluing the hands onto the body of the turkeys. Then, we drew on eyes and a beak. Finally we added the feet to complete our turkeys.

Our World

Today we enjoyed listening as everyone told a story about their show n tell objects. We saw lots of cool things like a Buzz Light year with a remote controller, airplanes, cars, baby bears, and a hot wheels motorcycle. Everyone did a great job sharing and being respectful of one another’s toys. We also explored various learning centers today such as transportation, babies/home living center, and our favorite center, building with Lego’s at the Lego table.

Reminders: The pre -school and Pre- K class are having a food drive. Please bring in food items to donate. Also the Pot Luck is on Tuesday. If you plan to bring in a dish please include the recipe and the ingredients. Thank you

Have a great weekend.
Miss Bethany & Miss Markeisha