Daily Letter 11/23/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/23/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works/ Math Counts:
Today for language we talked about our Thanksgiving Feast Pot Luck that we had yesterday with all the parents. All the children were glad to have “the party” with their parents and they all got to try an amazing variety of foods. We then talked about how Thanksgiving is tomorrow and why we celebrate Thanksgiving. Next, we read, "10 Fat Turkeys" by Tony Johnston. We followed along and counted all the turkeys 1-10 with Miss Markeisha as she read the book.

Art Smart:
Today for art we created handprint turkeys. First, we created the turkeys feather's by using the stamp pad to make a handprint on our paper. Next, Miss. Markeisha helped us add legs to our turkey. Finally we added hair and a gobbler to create a handprint turkey. This activity was fun and allowed the children to practice fine motor skills.

Kindermusik:
Today was music class. We really enjoy it when we get to see Miss Cathy and all her cool new instruments. First we learned all about a Bisson and a Piccolo. We talked about high pitched sounds and low pitched sounds. We know that a bird tweets in a high pitch and a frog also croaks at a high pitch. Then, we tried to imitate the sounds that the frog and the birds make. Next, we listen to a story called under the rainbow about a little boy and a leprechaun playing tricks on him and his grandmother. Finally, we danced up high/down low, played the bells high/low, and gave hi fives as we all said good bye.

Have a good evening and wonderful Holiday
Miss. Markeisha