Daily Letter 11/28/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/28/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today for language we began our day by talking about all the great things we did over the long weekend and all the food we ate. We then talked about all the family we visited or came to visit us. Next, Miss. Markeisha introduced to us our new letter of the week which is letter “J”. We looked at our writing without tears letter card and identified uppercase and lowercase “J”. We also read our letter “j” book by Jane Belk Moncure. We identified letter “I” on each page and we identified all the objects by name in the back of the book that begins with letter “I”.

Today for literacy we practiced our fine motor skills and pre writing skills by writing circles, lines, and crosses on the dry erase boards. Next, we used our alphabet cards to trace letters “A, B, and C”. We also used the writing without tears wooden pieces and letter cards to help us form letters “C-J”.

Math Counts:
Today for math we worked on sorting our wooden pieces by size small and large. Then we counted each group. Next, we worked on putting them in graduate order by size small, medium, and large. Finally, we worked on finding sets, two things that were alike to form a pair. These are all everyday math skills that we are working on.

Our World:
Today in the pre- school world we explored various learning centers and interacted with one another in each center. First, we used our child choice boards to select centers. Asya and Sydney explored the science area. Miss. Markeisha observed as they explored dinosaurs, farm animals, bugs, and magnets. Vedant, Orion, and Martin explored building with legos. Miss. Markeisha observed as they built space ships, airplanes, and they even helped each other build large jumbo planes. Sophia and Soraya explored building with magnets. They worked together to build a house and a big blanket. Rian and Christian explored our transportation area. Miss. Markeisha observed as they raced cars on the transportation rug and down the ramp. I also observed Christian sharing his cars from home with his friends. All these activities helps to promote social skills, language development, and cooperation.