Daily Letter 11/29/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/29/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works:
Today for language we reviewed our letter “j” letter card as well as reread our letter “j” book by Jane Belk Moncure. We continued to identify letter “j” throughout the book and said the names of the objects that begin with letter “j”. We also talked about how the weather is getting colder and what types of clothes we wear in the winter and snow to help keep us warm. We created a list of all the things we could wear and counted all the items on our list. We listed 10 things that will keep us warm for the cold winter. Then, we read My favorite time of the year by Susan Pearson. In this book we learn about a little girl name Kelly who was sure that fall was her favorite time of the year, but then, the other seasons comes and goes and she realizes she can't pick a favorite season, she likes them all. We took a classroom vote and we all realized we like summer so that we're able to play outside and winter because we love to play in the snow as well.

Today for literacy we continued to work on our fine motor skills and pre writing skills by writing circles, lines, and crosses on the dry erase boards. Next, we did a letter matching activity called letter bugs. The children were to match all the uppercase letters.

Math Counts:
Today for math we refreshed our memory on patterns. We used the pattern cards and the bears to copy and complete patterns using two different colors and bears of different sizes. We also used the peg boards to count and work on one to one correspondence. The children were to use as many pegs as they liked on the peg boards. Once they were done they were to count all the pegs they used to Miss. Markeisha out loud touching each peg per number. In doing this activity we were able to work on some of our everyday math skills, copy and complete patterns, work on hand eye coordination skills, and color recognition.

Art Smart:
Today for art we painted with some of our favorite colors at the art easel. We were to identify the colors that we wanted to use and paint whatever we liked. Some friends painted flower gardens, rockets, and lines. Others just enjoyed painting and their art work was just simply art.

Remiders:
The toy drive for Children's Memorial Hospital begins Monday. There will be a box located in the front hall way. Please donate a unwrapped non battery operating toy to a child in need. If you have any questions please see Miss. Markeisha. Thank you in advance.
Have a good evening,
Miss. Markeisha