Daily Letter 11/30/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 11/30/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works/Reading/Literacy:
Today for language we reviewed our letter “j” letter card as well as reread our letter “j” book by Jane Belk Moncure. We continued to identify letter “j” throughout the book and said the names of the objects that begin with letter “j”. Next, we read Dream snow by Eric Carle. In this book a farmer dreamed of snow and woke up one day to realize that he wasn't dreaming. It had in fact snowed. We identified all the animals by name throughout the book that lived on the farm. Finally, we worked on identifying our names on our name cards at circle time all by ourselves. We are all now able to identify and spell our first names

Today for literacy we continued to work on our fine motor skills and pre writing skills by tracing letter “A, B, and C” on our letter cards with dry erase markers. Next, we reviewed all the letters we have learned thus far, letters “A-J”. We identified the letters in random order and identified if the letter was an uppercase or lowercase letter. We also continued to work on matching uppercase letters by doing a file folder activity.

Math Counts:
Today for math we individually counted out loud to Miss. Markeisha. A lot of friends were able to count up to 30. There were a few who couldn't, but that is alright because as the year goes on we plan to count a lot often. We did various activities today that allowed us the chance to practice counting. First, we explored building with magnets. We counted all the magnets together. Then, Miss. Markeisha separated the magnets into two piles and we counted each pile. We also used multicolored blocks for counting. Miss. Markeisha helped us sort the blocks by colors. Then, we counted each set to see how many blocks were in each sets. Finally we used the animals in the science area to practice our counting skills. We were able to count quite bit today. By doing these activities we are learning to count, one to one correspondence, and sorting.

Remiders:
The toy drive for Children's Memorial Hospital begins Monday. There will be a box located in the front hall way. Please donate a unwrapped non battery operating toy to a child in need. If you have any questions please see Miss. Markeisha. Thank you in advance.

Have a good evening,
Miss. Markeisha