Daily Letter 12/1/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 12/1/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works/Reading/Literacy:
Today for language we reviewed our letter “j” letter card as well as reread our letter “j” book by Jane Belk Moncure. We continued to identify letter “j” throughout the book and said the names of the objects that begin with letter “j”. Next, Miss. Sonja read to us Little Cloud by Eric Carle. In this book there was a little cloud who strayed a way from all the other clouds in the sky down low and transformed himself into other things such as a clown, sheep, shark, airplane, and tree's. At the end of the book he joined the other clouds again up high in the sky and together all the clouds began to rain. We tried to memorize all the objects little cloud became and when we went outside we tried to identify objects in the sky that the clouds looked liked.

Today for literacy we continued to work on our fine motor skills and pre writing skills by tracing letter “A, B, and C” on our letter cards with dry erase markers. Next, we used our wooden pieces to form letters “D-J”.

Art Smart: Today for art we decorated candy kanes by doing marble painting. First, Miss. Markeisha rolled the marbles around in red paint. Next, we glued the big red candy kane onto the small white candy kane and put them into our box with the painted marbles. Finally, we put the top on our box and rolled them around onto our candy kanes creating unique designs. In doing this project we worked on our small motor skills, color recognition, and creativity.

Math Counts: Today for math we continued to practice our counting skills. We started off by taking turns counting all our friends in the room. Next, we again counted the multicolored blocks and the the wooden blocks as we made tall towers that were bigger than us.

Remiders:
The toy drive for Children's Memorial Hospital begins Monday. There will be a box located in the front hall way. Please donate a unwrapped non battery operating toy to a child in need. If you have any questions please see Miss. Markeisha. Thank you in advance.

Have a good evening,
Miss. Markeisha and Miss. Sonja