Daily Letter 12/2/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 12/2/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works/Reading:
Today for language we reviewed our letter “j” letter card as well as reread our letter “j” book by Jane Belk Moncure. We continued to identify letter “j” throughout the book and said the names of the objects that begin with letter “j”. Next, it was time for show -n- tell. Show -n- tell is done on every Friday. The children are allowed to bring a special item from home to share with the class. We share funny stories, demonstrate how our special toy works, and tell why we decided to bring that particular toy. We enjoyed hearing about Martin's flute, Orion's spider man, Kai's red train, Cristian's Harry Potter movie, Vedant's garbage truck, Sophia's Minnie Mouse, Asya's frog, Rian's my baby can read movie, and reading Sydney's green eggs and ham book by Dr. Seuss. In doing show and tell every month we are learning to listen and be cooperative in a group setting, expanding our vocabulary skills and social interactions with our peers.

Art Smart/ Math Counts:
Today for art we created a winter scene complete with a snowman and falling snow. First, Miss. Markeisha gave us three different sized circles to glue onto black paper beginning with the largest circle, medium, then small one on top to create a snowman. Next, we were to draw two eyes, one nose and mouth on our snowman. Finally, we dipped our finger into white paint and made dots on our black paper to create snowflakes falling down. This activity was fun and the children loved creating snowflakes. This activity allowed the children to practice hand eye coordination skills, math skills by putting the circles in order by size and fine motor skills.

Remider:
The toy drive for Children's Memorial Hospital begins Monday. There will be a box located in the front hall way. Please donate a unwrapped non battery operating toy to a child in need. If you have any questions please see Miss. Markeisha. Thank you in advance.

Have a good evening,
Miss. Markeisha