Daily Letter 12/5/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 12/5/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works/Reading/Literacy:
Today for language we began to learn all about letter “K”. First, we identified uppercase and lowercase letter “I” o our writing without tears letter card. Then, we read our letter “K” book by Jane Belk Moncure. The children followed along as Miss. Markeisha read the book pausing at all the words that begins with letter “K” for the children to identify. Next, they identified all the objects that begins with letter “K” in the back of the book. Finally, we went on an alphabet hunt looking for items around the room that begins with letter “K”. After finding a few “k” objects we all returned to circle time to discuss the items that we found. We also read Oliver's Arctic adventure, a book Asya shared with the class.

Today for literacy we worked on pre writing skills. We used the dry erase boards to write small and large circles. We then practiced tracing letters “D-F”. We also are working on learning our last name as well as identifying our last name so that we are able to begin spelling our last name.

Math Counts:
Today for math we continued to work on identifying large and small objects. First, we did a gluing activity where we had to identify the big circle and the small circle. Then, we were to glue the large circle in the large space and the small circle in the small space. Next, we drew large and small circles on the dry erase boards and counted how many we wrote. In doing these activities we are working on fine motor skills, counting skills, and identifying objects by size which is a characteristic of sorting.

Science Rocks:
Today for science we explored water at the sensory table. This is one of the children's favorite activities to do. Miss. Markeisha showed them how some objects can float on top of the water and some will sink and not float at all. The children seemed really intrigued and they went around the room and found various objects on their own to see which ones would sink or float.

Remider:
The toy drive for Children's Memorial Hospital begins today. There's a box located in the front hall way. Please donate a unwrapped non battery operating toy to a child in need. If you have any questions please see Miss. Markeisha. Thank you in advance.