Daily Letter 12/6/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 12/6/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works/Reading/Literacy:
Today for language we reviewed our letter “k” card identifying uppercase and lowercase letter “k”. Then, we reread our letter “k” book identifying letter “k” throughout the book and named all the pictures in the back of the book. Finally, we worked on identifying our name at circle time as well as reviewing shapes and colors.

Today for literacy we used the magnetic side of the art easel and the magnet letters to spell our name. First, Miss. Markeisha clipped a card with our name to the top of the easel to help us readily identify how to spell our name. Then, we looked for all the letters in our name and spelled out our name. Next, we utilized the writing center to practice our fine motor skills and how to hold a marker properly as we traced letters “A-D”. Finally, we used our handwriting without tears letter cards and wooden pieces to form letters “C-K” by ourselves. We have all gotten really great at forming all the letters thus far. Way to go Pre- school class!!!!!

Math Counts:
Today for math we continued to work on identifying large and small objects. We drew large and small circles on the dry erase boards and counted how many we wrote. In doing these activities we are working on fine motor skills, counting skills, and identifying objects by size which is a characteristic of sorting.

Art Smart:
Today for art we decorated mittens. We first talked about winter and what we could use to keep our hands warm. Then, Miss. Shirley gave us each two mittens to decorate. We used markers and crayons to color our mittens. Finally, we used glue to create unique designs on the mittens and glitter to make our mittens sparkle. In doing this project we worked o fine motor skills, hand eye coordination skills, and creative skills.

Science Rocks:
Today for science we continued to explore water in our sensory table. We used different sized measuring cups in the water as we filled and emptied them. We also used and assortment of animals to wash in the sensory table.

Reminder:
Our toy drive for Children's Memorial Hospital started on Monday. Please donate a non wrapped non battery operated toy to a child in need this Holiday season.

Thank you in Advance

Have a Good Evening,