Daily Letter 12/7/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 12/7/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works/Reading/Literacy:
Today for language we reviewed our letter “k” card identifying uppercase and lowercase letter “k”. Then, we reread our letter “k” book identifying letter “k” throughout the book and named all the pictures in the back of the book. Finally, we worked on identifying our name at circle time as well as reviewing shapes and colors.

Today for literacy we continued to use the magnetic side of the art easel and the magnet letters to spell our name. We also practiced holding a crayon properly as we worked on our fine motor skills and pre writing skills by tracing straight and curvy lines.

Math Counts:
Today for math we brought out Clarabelle cow. The children used the giant size cow to work on their counting skills by adding as many spots to her as they wanted and then counting the spots. Miss. Markeisha then helped them sort the spots by size small and large. This activity is fun for the children. They enjoyed putting the spots on Clarabelle cow in different orders. Some friends spent almost 15minutes just counting.

Kindermusik Class:
Today was kindermusik class with Miss. Cathy. The children always gets up and moving. First, we used scarves to dance around to the music. We went down low to the ground when the music got low, then back up high again as the music went high. Next, we learned all about different musical instruments like a clarinet, trombone, and a glockenspiel. These instruments all make the sliding sound that we practiced making with our voice. Finally, we read a book about rainbows titled Wonders

Reminder:
Our toy drive for Children's Memorial Hospital started on Monday. Please donate a non wrapped non battery operated toy to a child in need this Holiday season.

Thank you in Advance

Have a Good Evening,

Miss Markeisha and Miss. Shirley