Daily Letter 12/8/2011

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Daily Letter 12/8/2011

Post by mightymulhern »

Language Works/Reading/Literacy:
Today for language we reviewed our letter “k” card identifying uppercase and lowercase letter “k”. Then, we reread our letter “k” book identifying letter “k” throughout the book and named all the pictures in the back of the book.

Today for literacy we continued to work on improving our fine motor skills as we practiced making curvy lines and straight lines on the dry erase board. Next, we used the writing without tears letter cards and wooden pieces to form letters “E-K”. We also used the stamp and see pad to form letters.

Math Counts:
Today for math we used the dry erase board to practice making small medium and large circles. Miss. Markeisha helped us to make rows to put the circles in and that made it easier for us to count all the circles in each section. Next, we worked on one to one correspondence as we put one car or airplane in each box.

Art Smart:
Today for art Miss. Markeisha read the Gingerbread man to us by Carol Jones. The children followed alone as we read the story and named all the characters and chanted in the voice of the gingerbread man, “Run, run, as fast as you can. You can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man”. Next, Miss. Jessica created gingerbread houses with the children using a variety of markers to decorate the house. Later, they will be adding pom poms to the house as candy and gum drops. In doing this activity the children were working on their small motor skills, language skills, and coloring skills.

Science Rocks:
Today for science we decided to draw pictures of our families. Over the weeks Miss. Markeisha has noticed that the children are getting better at drawing. I thought this was a nice way to see if they knew all the body parts. Miss. Markeisha sat down one on one with the children and asked them, “Who is in your family”? As they named all the people in their family I wrote the names down. Then, we went down

Reminder:
Our toy drive for Children's Memorial Hospital started on Monday. Please donate a non wrapped non battery operated toy to a child in need this Holiday season.

Thank you in Advance