Fell on her face but wouldn't tell anyone how

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Fell on her face but wouldn't tell anyone how

Post by mightymulhern »

This has been awhile back but is probably worth posting.

A few months back, Meghan picked up Sydney and one of the teachers explained that they didn't know what happened, but earlier in the day Sydney had a big mark on her face. For some reason, no one saw it, and Sydney didn't know where it came from. At the point of pick up it was mostly faded.

Once in the car, Meghan questions Sydney who immediately fesses up. Apparently she somehow fell into the "pit". The pit is this round cut out area in the floor where the kids gather to read books. Somehow she managed to fall into it and hit her face. BUT... she was afraid to tell anyone that she did it because she didn't want to get into trouble.

So Meghan asks her

-- Well didn't any of your friends see you do this?

-- *Nodding* Friends saw.

So apparently at age 3 the children fear getting into trouble, feign forgetfulness, and actively cover for each other. :o