Climbed out a window... (12/14/2012)

This is my sub-forum featuring a day-by-day account of what I did at school based on the forms my teachers send home with me each day. You can read about when I napped, how many bottles I went through, what activities I performed, and even when they changed my diaper.
mightymulhern

Climbed out a window... (12/14/2012)

Post by mightymulhern »

Last Friday when Meghan picked Sydney up, Sydney told her that they had to go to a different room to pick up all her stuff. As the discussion went on, Sydney explained that they had to climb out the window of her normal classroom earlier in the day.

...WAIT... BACK UP. WHAT?

This story was corroborated by one of Sydney's teachers. Apparently the door to Sydney's classroom got stuck and no one could get in or out. Teachers tried opening the door from the inside and from out in the hall but the knob wouldn't turn. At some point in while fiddling with the door, the kids started freaking out because their parents wouldn't be able to pick them up. The solution was for a teacher in the room to hand each child to another teacher out a window followed by each child's pile of stuff. At the point of the stuck door, all of the 3 and 4 year olds were in there together. Sydney explained, "Miss Shirley holded me out the window sideways and Miss Bethany put me on the ground."

Sydney typically briefs us on anything weird immediately upon pickup. Meghan got the story from Sydney and immediately afterward from the teacher. I got a piece of it Friday night but didn't circle back for the whole story until Sunday. Sydney's first explanation was a riot.