Burping, Farting, and Spitting up...

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Burping, Farting, and Spitting up...

Post by mightymulhern »

Burping
Sydney has gotten a lot better at burping. For a long time she just wouldn't do it or it took a really long time. Lately they seem to come really easily. In fact a few days ago, she let one fly that would make a beer guzzling frat by proud. If she knew her ABC's... she probably could have gotten to "G". Loud, deep, and long. How that noise came out of our baby, I'm not sure.

Farting
Early on in a certain crazy baby's life, we had a term called the poonami which was a loud ripping fart accompanied by a diaper full of poo. We haven't had a poonami in a long time. Now we have nearly silent gas, the smell of which could kill a buzzard and stealth poos that mysteriously appear in the diaper without warning.

Spitting Up
I had recently commented to a few people that Sydney was spitting up less and that we hadn't had a milk geyser in a few weeks. Not to be one to disappoint though, Sydney certainly showed me. ...or better put showered Meghan.

We had a fairly spit-uppy weekend with a lot of little spit ups. Sunday I got a wet pant leg and probably wiped Sydney's face and bib 6 or 7 times over the course of the day. The frequency was higher than expected, but I've accepted this as par for the course in living with Sydney and generally don't think much of it other than trying to minimize the mess. Keeping the milk in her tummy isn't always her strongest skill. Oddly, some days nothing comes up at all.

So this morning I'm getting ready for work and Meghan is sitting on the couch feeding Sydney. From the other room I hear, "Oh my god!". In this house, that typically means one of two things. Either we've had a milk geyser or a poop requiring four hands, additional wipes, and maybe a spatula to clean up. This morning it was the former. Apparently little miss Sydney coughed, gagged, and then threw up. Much of it came out her little nose. Meghan watched all of this from the staring down the barrel of the gun perspective.

Later in the day, I got the following email from Meghan (who worked from home today):

I kept the wee beastie home until about 8. I put her in the walker for awhile. She thought it was very funny to scoot backwards away from me, and then have me pull her forward again. She hasn't figured out how to move forward yet. I left her sitting there for about 30 seconds while I went to get my shoes out of the bedroom. When I came back, there was a puddle of spit-up in the tray and she had already rolled her toys around in it and had it all over both hands.

Oh well...