Ohhhhh.....

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

Ohhhhh.....

Post by Meghan »

Today Sydney and I were playing on her foam alphabet play mat. She was happily playing with her toys when suddenly she decided that the thing she wanted more than anything else in the world was the middle of the "O" on the play mat.

She loves to pull up the foam letters out of the mat and chew on them. She can't really get them up herself unless I start a corner for her. So I pulled up the edge of the "O" middle. She tried to pick it up, but kept flailing her legs and pushing it back down with her foot. I repositioned her legs so that wouldn't happen. But then she tried to pull it up with her left hand while bracing her right hand on the mat for leverage.....and of course pushing it right back down. We went through that several times, and then she finally just stopped, bent over with her face close to the mat, and started screaming at it.

Eventually, she got the "O" middle out and of course it immediately went into her mouth. Then she decided what she really wanted was the "O" itself. She pulled that up pretty easily, now that the middle was gone. But somehow she ended up putting her arm through it. She kept leaning over and trying to get her mouth on it, but she had her arm out to the side and she couldn't reach it. I don't think she could figure out why it was so far away from her. I finally helped her out of this predicament.

"O" yeah. Our baby has a long way to go on her motor skills. Not to mention patience.