Sleepy Head

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Sleepy Head

Post by mightymulhern »

Today was a very strange day. Sydney woke up at 5:30 (as she usually does) and I went in, re-inserted her pacifier, told her to go back to sleep for awhile, and then went back to bed. Shockingly, she made one squeal and zonked out. ...until 8:30. At 8:30 Meghan suggested that I get out of bed and go make sure Sydney was still breathing. She was... and woke up as soon as she heard the floor squeaking.

When she got up her diaper was FULL. That was the heaviest wet diaper I've ever pulled off her.

So at this point we were wondering how badly we had damaged the nap schedule for the day. Shockingly at 10:00 Sydney started getting fussy and at 10:30 she was out for nap #1. ....which lasted, get this, 2-1/2 hours!

So she slept from 7:30pm to 8:30am, was awake for 2hrs, and then asleep for 2-1/2 more. That was apparently enough though because she only managed a half hour nap this afternoon and got really cranky before bed time. Normally Sydney takes 3 naps a day. Today was an experiment with 2 (assuming you can't count 5:30 - 8:30 as a nap).