Solid Food Woes

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Solid Food Woes

Post by mightymulhern »

Solid Food
Well we keep trying solid food... and Sydney really wants no part of it. If it's not puréed, the odds of making it into a certain little girl's tummy are not good.

Today she actually ate puréed green beans when she could have been eating bananas.

We tried some chunks of banana yesterday and again today. She pretty much won't let you feed her anything like that. She just turns her head away. If she does let you put it in her mouth, she makes a face and spits it out. Today she chewed on a piece of banana for a little while and then gagged on it. I was pretty sure we were about to get hit by a full throw up but somehow she didn't. She just spit the banana out.

We had limited success letting her eat a big thick cut french fry at a restaurant. I think she was really just more interested in chewing on it though. She might have eaten half of it (making faces the whole way). Bread and cheese also solicited a spit out awful face response.

Yesterday she was fascinated by Meghan eating a bag of little peanut butter cookies. Meghan gave her one. ...again with the facial expressions but she ate maybe half of it. The rest became a drool/paste that she got all around her mouth, hands, and bib.

All in good time I guess...