Goo goo for Gerber Puffs

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

Goo goo for Gerber Puffs

Post by Meghan »

Sydney has recently started eating Gerber Puffs. They are a snack food for infants that look kind of like the non-marshmallow part of Lucky Charms. They melt in the mouth, so the baby can't choke on them.

We've tried the puffs several times, and it resulted in much gagging and retching. Then on Tuesday, my mom was watching her and when I got home, Mom said, "You didn't tell me she started eating puffs!" Apparently Mom had been feeding them to her and she was chowing down. Like many things in Sydney's life, it's either on or off. There is no in between. Puffs are now ON!

Today when I got home from work I had her on her play mat on the floor and I started feeding her a few puffs. She has a puff ritual that must be followed. I hand her the first one and she holds it in her right hand. I hand her the second one and she holds it in her left hand. Then she opens her mouth and allows me to feed them to her. She never eats the two in her hands. She just likes to hold them.

After awhile, I decided to wrap Mike's Father's Day gift. I carefully put the container of puffs down on the floor out of her reach and went to get the wrapping paper. As soon as I was out of site, I heard a thud and a scream. I ran back into the living room to find her sprawled out on the floor, the puffs container knocked over and spilled. Apparently she lept for it, but knocked it away and couldn't reach it. (She wasn't hurt; she had stopped crying before I even got to her.)

Moral of the story: Don't get between the Wee Beastie and her puffs!