From Here to There and Back Again, a Tale by Mike Mulhern p3

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

From Here to There and Back Again, a Tale by Mike Mulhern p3

Post by mightymulhern »

From Here to There and Back Again, a Tale by Mike Mulhern Part 3

To the Airport
The trip to the airport was pretty uneventful. We chatted along the way. Sydney was an angel. We got to the airport and unloaded without a hitch. Then as we're walking into the airport Meghan says – “Oh my god, I was getting so motion sick I thought I was going to throw up!” (PA is very hilly) ...now this is not a good way to start a trip home, especially for someone who used to get really motion sick on airplanes. In the end though, that was limit to the excitement there.

Ticket Counter, Security, the Gate
Getting to the gate on this leg of the trip was a breeze. First off, there was NO ONE at the United ticket counter, and I mean no one. The line included 3 people and those were me, Meghan, and Sydney. The lady at the counter was very nice and made a little small talk. She of course thought Sydney was adorable.

There was actually a line at security however when we walked up to it, the agent manning the line opened the tape used to wind the line around and routed us directly to the front. It was just, you have a baby, this is easier. We were through and putting our shoes back on in under 5 minutes.

After finding our gate we discovered that our flight had been delayed half an hour and we had some time to kill. It was still early but we decided to go for an early lunch at TGI Fridays. While we sat at our table, Sydney baby talked and drew a lot of attention from people at the surrounding tables. Everyone thought she was very cute. Once the food came we put her in a high chair (which kind of swallowed her up) and I handed her a French fry. As I let go of the fry, I commented to Meghan, that was a little hot and it was at that point that Sydney let out a cry. Apparently she squeezed the hot fry. I pulled it out of her hand and she was happy again within 45 seconds. Once the cooled a little more I gave her another one which she promptly broke in half and started gnawing on. ...and like most other solid food, after we left Meghan got to pick a big wad of french fry off the back of Sydney's tongue with her finger.

From there it was off to our flight.

The Flight Home
As with the rest of this leg of the trip, the flight home was a non-event. We got some looks from a few passengers when we boarded the plane like - “You've got to be kidding me... you brought a baby on this flight”. But Sydney was good for the whole flight. She zonked out for about 40 minutes. One of the guys I got a look from actually commented on how good she was after the flight.

One funny note... The intercom speaker was kind of loud and when the pilot came on right before landing, it scared the crap out of Sydney. She literally jumped. No tears though.

O'Hare
We flew back into E gate in Terminal 2 on a United flight which mean that we got to go over to Terminal 1 to pick up our checked bag. It wasn't that big of a deal but is still a hassle. Sydney was also tiring of the stroller by this point and demanding to be carried. At one point this actually led us to take the stroller on the escalator because I was carrying Sydney anyway. ...anyway, not much to report here. Everything just worked and we were home shortly there afterwards.