Spitting Up (still)

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Spitting Up (still)

Post by mightymulhern »

We've commented about the spitting up saga from the time Sydney was born until very recently. It's just been a part of daily life that we've gotten used to. We've kept a massive bib on her at all times, a burp cloth handy, and all was good.

Oddly, Sydney stopped spitting up sometime last week and didn't spit up at all at my parent's house this past weekend or the first half of this week. To be frank, going one day without at least a mouth full coming back up once during the day was almost unheard of. Some days it was multiple times an hour (generally following a fountain). Frequently it was on the toy she was playing with or the tray in her jumper or walker.

Unfortunately the streak has come to an end. Last night while I was holding her on the couch, she blessed my shirt with a mouthful that seemed to come from nowhere. I think it was apple sauce. Then tonight while playing on the mat, all of a sudden, "splat", right between her feet. ...she actually managed to miss herself and just looked at us like "What Happened?".

I may have jinxed it. We didn't talk about last night's spit up and after work today I commented that Sydney really hadn't spit up lately at all. She hasn't even been wearing a bib. Meghan said she had been afraid to mention it figuring we'd jinx it. Oh well. I guess I blew it. Still, it looks like she's starting to grow out of it.