Some Random Updates

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Some Random Updates

Post by mightymulhern »

I thought I'd post some updates although there's really not a mind blowing story to tell here.

Last Friday, Meghan took Sydney to a pizza party at work. Rumor has it that she let strange people hold her and ate a piece of pizza. Paternity confirmed - she like's pizza.

In other news, we're attempting to introduce cow's milk into Sydney's diet in much larger portions. So far so good.

Sydney has been really finicky lately when using a sippy cup. At one point Meghan gave her a drink from a disposable one yesterday and then sat it on the floor. To our surprise, Sydney then grabbed it and then drank out of it herself. Oddly, she just tries to play with the non-disposable ones.

Sydney's walking continues to improve. If we let her, that's all she would do. She also can now usually anticipate when we need to switch which hands are holding hers in order to change direction. It's cute. When she wants to go outside she'll walk up to the door and yell at it. She's very curious about doors and drawers and already emptied out a lower drawer in the kitchen.

Sydney's crawling is progressing a little. Speed and stability are increasing. The technique is mostly the same although she sometimes crawls with 2 hands a foot and a knee.

No more talking. No new words. All efforts appear to be on walking.

While playing with cups she's actually started occasionally putting one inside another or putting the cups under her Exersaucer. To this point, she's really only been interested in taking things out of other things so that's a step.

Sydney is now eating big kid food at school. She's tried a number of things from pancakes to hash browns. How much of these things she's eating, I'm not sure. I gave her a big piece of pastry yesterday and Meghan had to extract it from her mouth 20 min later. Sometimes eating works. Sometimes not so good. Things with weird textures throw her off. Apparently the scrambled eggs at school made her gag.

Since I've mentioned one end I had might as well mention the other. It's not working as well. Sydney went either 8 or 9 days (ending this morning) without pooping. This continues to be a real problem for her. Lots of straining. Lots of farting. Often some crying (although not this morning). Sydney goes to the doctor tomorrow for her next checkup so we'll be discussing that topic further. Prunes daily wasn't the solution. Along those lines, one somewhat funny story. Apparently while sitting on the bed one morning as Meghan got ready, Sydney strained so hard that she literally fell over.

Sydney has the start of a 3rd bottom tooth. It's just poking through.

Sydney has learned that dad (me) isn't such a bad guy. She's actually done some clinging to me over this past weekend as opposed to just clinging to Meghan. That's a nice step because she really didn't know what to do with me for a few weeks there.

Sydney is now wearing a combination of 12 and 18 month clothes. She still has a few 9 month things that fit (or almost fit) but not many.

Lastly, Sydney is quickly starting to look like more of a little kid than a baby. When you put her in jean shorts and she walks around, she really just looks like a very small child. Of course when she's tired she can easily revert to looking like a tiny baby. It's kind of amazing.