Random ramblings

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

Random ramblings

Post by Meghan »

Here are a couple of things going on in Sydney's life as she approaches the big first birthday:

Putting things in things

After months of only wanting to dump toys OUT of their containers, she is finally interested in putting toys INTO containers. Her favorite container is an empty plastic box that once held baby wipes. She likes to put things in the box, close lid, open lid, remove things from box, close lid, open lid, repeat. Over and over. She runs into trouble when she tries to put things in the box that are too big. The other night, she tried to put these foam strips that form the edge of her play mat into the box. The box is about 6 inches long and the strips are probably at least 10 inches long. Several inches were sticking out the side, and she kept trying to slam the lid on them. I tried to show her how she could bend the foam strips so that they would fit, but that wasn't good enough. She had to do it herself. At one point, she stood up and tried to close the lid by putting all of her weight on it.....but the strips were still hanging out the side. It made her so angry that I had to take the box away. The meltdown that followed is shown in this week's pictures.

Peek-a-boo: Best game EVER!

Sydney loves her some peek-a-boo. She loves to play it with Sydney H. at school. The teachers say that they have never seen two babies so young play together like that. They love to play peek-a-boo around the side of one of the cribs. They love to put a blanket over each other's heads and pull it off. Today at drop-off, Sydney H. ran and got her blanket as soon as she saw Sydney M. arrive.