More walking and talking

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

More walking and talking

Post by mightymulhern »

We seem to be having some more walking and talking.

Sydney has really taken off with the walking. It's now pretty normal for her to stagger across the room rather than crawling. She's still wobbly like a drunken sailor but getting better. She's getting more confident and crawling less and less.

Now on to the talking.

Rumor has it, I didn't see/hear it, that last week while playing on the floor with some blocks, Sydney yelled out "BLOCK"! She of course only did this once.

Over the weekend we got what sounded like a "YES".

We frequently get some baby talk that sounds like "UH OH" but much of that is closer to baby talk than words.

Sunday morning,for some reason, Sydney was obsessed with one of her hands. She kept inspecting it and playing with the fingers on one hand with the other hand. All the while she was sitting in my lap so I got a good view of this. Then she started pulling on her fingers and whimpering each time she did it. I had looked her hands over and didn't see anything wrong. At one point I said, "Why are you pulling on your fingers?". To my shock, she clearly responded "I don't know". :o

Her voice was oddly mechanical and without any inflection. The pauses between words were a little longer than what you would put in a phrase. Perhaps a better description would be saying the words slowly.

Now Sydney rarely says a single word and has never strung them together so where this came from I'm not sure. We don't know if this is just random case of enough monkeys and type writers to produce a verbal response or if she really knew what she was saying. It seems hard to imagine that she would be able to do that but what we heard wasn't baby talk.

Perhaps there will be more words to come.