Last Night's Goofiness

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Last Night's Goofiness

Post by mightymulhern »

Sydney is nuts.

Last night after Meghan fed her we all were hanging out in the living room. Meghan was on the floor. Sydney was on the couch with me. For some reason, Sydney got the idea in her head that she HAD to climb up on the back of the couch. This might have been to see one of the hanging pictures or to look at herself in the mirror but she’s too short to do either so that’s a mute point. Also, for those who have seen our couch, it basically has a 3” wide back that supports some large loose pillows. They aren’t even firm pillows. In other words, there’s really nothing to climb up onto. But she tried and as she tried, she kept slipping down between the cushion and the back of the couch. Eventually I started interfering with her quest and taking her down but that just made her mad. After several failed attempts, I put her on the floor. At that point she reached for me and started crying. Then inexplicably with her hands at her sides, standing facing the couch, she put her face down on the cushion and sobbed for a few seconds. Then she picked her head up, saw that she had made a wet spot with her mouth and put her head back down to make another one – then more crying. Eventually I picked her up and held her up in front of the pictures and mirror. That quickly ended the whole struggle.

The next goofy thing Sydney did was to grab a napkin off the table and start running around with it. We don’t let Sydney play with paper towels or napkins because SHE EATS THEM. So Meghan made an attempt to retrieve the napkin from Sydney and Sydney successfully avoided her. It became a game where Sydney would walk up to Meghan, show her the napkin, and then pull it back when Meghan reached for it and run away. With Meghan sitting in the same spot on the floor through the whole “game” Sydney came back and did that several times. Also, each time she ran away she tore the napkin in half so it was completely shredded by the end of the game. Late in the game she walked around the coffee table and then behind Meghan to hide from her. Sydney things it’s very funny to get right behind you and lean in the opposite way that you’re looking so you can’t see her. This quickly morphed into playing peek-a-boo with me around Meghan. When she was done with that, she promptly walked around Meghan, plopped down on her lap, and started eating the napkin. Meghan took it away from her but didn’t recover the piece she was chewing on until about 20 minutes later.

It’s worth noting that Sydney often acts like she’s going to hand you something and then pulls it away. That’s REALLY funny to her. Once at school (last week or the week before) she crawled all the way to the other end of the room to retrieve a classmate's sock for one of the teachers. She then brought it all the way back, acted like she was going to hand it to her, and then ran off laughing. :lol:

From there, our goofy baby ran around the room for awhile and eventually brought me my Dodge Motorsports baseball cap. We’ve been putting it on her lately because it’s huge on her head and looks funny. So I put it on her and she walked around, hat dropping off the side or back of her head. Eventually she would pull it off and go to Meghan or I to put it back on her. This continued for awhile. Then she reached up and pulled the cap down over her eyes. It may have actually gone all the way under her chin she rotated it down so far. Then she took off walking as fast as she could across the room toward a floor pillow. I yelled at her to stop and kept yelling but I think that just made her run faster. When she hit the pillow she went down face first but popped right back up and thought it was hilarious. We have about 4 minutes of this hat silliness on video.

At this point it was 8 O’Clock and past this baby’s bed time. Meghan said, “Sydney, it’s time to go to bed.” In response, Sydney walked from the living room into her bedroom, grabbed a book, and stood by the rocking chair waiting for Meghan. Meghan went in, rocked her, and read the book. At that point, Sydney wiggled out of the rocking chair, walked over to the crib, looked back at Meghan and whined. So Meghan put her in the crib. Unfortunately this is where the sequence of events goes sour. Once in the crib, Sydney wasn’t really ready for bed so she was quickly walking around the crib and wanting to play. Meghan left the room and there was a fair amount of crying followed by me going in 7 minutes later and picking her up, followed by more crying, followed by her finally crashing. If we could just get past that last bit of drama, bed time wouldn’t be too bad.

At some point in this saga, Sydney also decided she had to climb on top of her plastic push cart. …again an object that doesn’t have a surface to climb on to. She climbed for quite awhile and eventually ended up standing on the front wheels and holding onto the handle. During this bit of play she stopped briefly to poop. …which was conveniently captured on video for the world to see.