Hummus

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
Meghan

Hummus

Post by Meghan »

One of Sydney's favorite snacks is crackers dipped in hummus. Everyone seems to think that hummus is a weird snack for a 1 year old, but it makes perfect sense to me. It's a high-protein, low-fat snack, you can hide shredded veggies in it, and it's a dip. Sydney LOVES to dip.

Last week, she was whiney and hungry while I was making dinner. I put her in her high chair and put a handful of pretzels and a container of hummus on the tray. Sydney is a very adept dipper, so I had no worries about her handling this snack and turned my back on her and continued with the dinner preparations.

A couple of minutes later, I glanced back at her and saw that she had dug an entire handful of hummus out of the container. She was alternating bites of hummus from her left hand with bites of pretzel from her right hand. At no point in time were the pretzels actually being dipped in the hummus. Her entire face below the nose was completely coated in hummus.

In other food-related news, Sydney has started pointing towards the kitchen when she is hungry and saying, "Eat-eat!" Or sometimes she just takes you by the hand and drags you over to the fridge!