"DOG!"

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

"DOG!"

Post by mightymulhern »

Meghan took Sydney to the park the other night and on the way there, they passed a man walking a dog. Sydney got excited, pointed to the dog, and said "Dog!" "Dog!" over an over again.

While we're on the subject of talking, Sydney's current thing is to point to objects and have you tell her what they are. At our house the dialog goes something like: "Spoon" "Pancake" "Tray" "Milk" "Spoon" or "Dad's Leg" "Mom's Leg" "Mom's Elbow" "Sydney's Leg"

We've been debating how much Sydney understands out of what we say. She frequently responds to instructions regarding common tasks and attempts to answer when you ask her a questions (albeit in gibberish). One thing we know she's short on is nouns. A few weeks ago, we told her to "Go get the car" referring to a toy car. She walked over in the direction that we were pointing but wasn't sure what a toy car was. Once she figured out what we were talking about, she brought the car to us. ...I'm wondering if that's where the pointing thing is coming from but she keeps pointing to the same things over and over again so maybe not.