New Teeth & Brushing

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

New Teeth & Brushing

Post by mightymulhern »

On the tooth front, Sydney's bottom canines have now broken through the gums giving her a continual set of teeth from one molar to the next. We haven't been able to see what's going on with her top teeth yet.

Her teeth have clearly been bothering her and one of the Early Day's teachers suggested that her next set of molars may also be coming in. They aren't due for several more months, but with this kid all bets are off. Meghan was actually reading last night that it's extremely rare for a child's teeth to come in out of the normal order. Less than 5%. Well guess what... the others all did.

On the brushing front, we got Sydney a little tooth brush around the time she turned 1 and have kept it next to our tooth brushes in the bathroom. Some mornings while I'm brushing my teeth I had her her tooth brush. Gradually she's gone from chewing on it to making more tooth brushing like movements. Usually when I finish I offer to help her. Earlier this week she actually let me brush her front teeth. Very cute. Hopefully if we keep this up we can morph it into a fuss free routine.