Sydney Updates

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Sydney Updates

Post by mightymulhern »

In the last few weeks, Sydney's understanding of things seems to have ratcheted up a notch. She's attempting to say some words, doing more pointing, and getting better at following instructions.

One notable thing is her relationship with the potty. The other night she went into the bathroom, pointed at the potty, and tried to convince Meghan to put her on it. Meghan was too slow to react and shortly there after, Sydney squatted down beside it an pooped in her diaper. That one shocked the heck out out of us. Then last night at diaper change time before bed, Meghan put her on the potty and she sat for a minute and then peed. We were so excited. I guess this means it's time to start integrating the potty into her life more.

Last night at dinner, Sydney pulled a goofy one. We were at the bar/restaurant where we had her 1st birthday party. The place was pretty empty and we were letting her walk around. For some reason she put her coat over her head so that she couldn't see, started spinning, and then walked off and fell over (coat over her head the entire time). Later she continued the spinning without the coat. We have no idea where she got this idea. She's never done that before. It was pretty funny to watch though.

Another very cute development is her singing - "E-I E-I O" (old McDonald had a farm.... E-I, E-I, O) It started out with Meghan singing in the car and then Sydney started saying E-I-O. ...today it's actually E-I E-I O. This is bizarre because it's more complex than any actual words she can say.

On Monday, Meghan had to go pick Sydney up from school because she had a fever. That fever persisted on and off Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday night she kind of fell apart at bed time and we really figured she'd be home again on Thursday. Nope. She made it back and the fever hasn't returned. She does have a loud cough going now though.

The prior weekend, we visited my parents and Jenny, Abe, & Cassie in Litchfield. Sydney really seemed to love her aunt Jenny. Rarely does Syd sit still on someone's lap for so long. Sydney also got to pet a catfish which was a little weird.