"Helicopter" seeds from trees

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

"Helicopter" seeds from trees

Post by mightymulhern »

Yesterday while coming back from the park with Meghan, a cluster of those "helicopter" seeds fell out of one of the trees and landed on Sydney's leg (in the stroller). She whined to Meghan and kept pointing at it. With encouragement she tried to touch it and pick it up but couldn't bring herself to do it and just kept whining. Meghan eventually picked it up for her and attempted to hand it to her. Sydney wanted no part of it, whining and shaking her head no.

This morning as we were walking out to our cars, I showed her another one and got the same reaction.

No clue why... but our Wee Beastie seems to be afraid of everything. ...even helicopter seeds.

mightymulhern

Re: "Helicopter" seeds from trees

Post by mightymulhern »

So yesterday, Sydney was sitting on the stoop outside in front of our side door. I dropped a helicopter seed in her lap when she wasn't looking. A minute later she noticed it and started screaming. Her facial expression was pure terror. :shock: You would have thought it was going to eat her. I quickly brushed the seed off her leg.

*Makes mental note not to fool around with helicopter seeds*

mightymulhern

Re: "Helicopter" seeds from trees

Post by mightymulhern »

I don't know if I mentioned this anywhere else yet but helicopter seeds are now fantasitc. :o She likes to pick them up and throw them in the air. It's as if a switch were flipped.