Testing Boundaries

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

Testing Boundaries

Post by mightymulhern »

Sydney is apparently at the age where it's time to test her boundaries and see how we'll react.

Last night we had dinner at "Mrs. P and Me" which is a bar/restaurant near the train station over in Mount Prospect. Normally we sit in the beer garden but it was really windy and we were warned that two other parties and changed their minds after starting outside. Having seen chairs literally blow across the patio before, we opted to sit inside.

As if knowing Sydney would be beastly, they sat us in the back room where only one other person was. The room also had a door that was propped open letting in sun and a nice breeze. After a brief stint in the high chair waiting for our food, some unnamed Wee Beastie had to get down and scurry about. We let her out of the chair and she went straight for the door. First perhaps 10 feet from the door, she pointed, looked at us, and then took a few more steps. Then she walked up to the door, looked back, grinned, and began inching slowly forward. Eventually the front half of her shoes was hanging off the edge of the step. She looked down, caught her balance, backed up slightly, and then looked back at us again. Eventually she made a move to leave and Meghan went over and grabbed her. Throughout the whole saga we were saying "no" and giving her "Disapproving looks".

Tonight Sydney was riding her bouncy zebra toy which is sitting next to a box fan. The fan was off but she knows she's not supposed to touch it. While riding she reached over a couple times and touched it each time looking back to see if we had noticed.